Monday, September 25, 2006

The research into the outcome of the Gaul formal inquiry was carried out by a naval architect who is currently employed by the UK government (i.e. The Maritime and Coastguard Agency).
For some time now, he and his family have been subjected to close monitoring and various acts of intimidation.
It is, of course, regrettable that a challenge to the results of this inquiry could have serious implications for those directly involved in the case, but, considering also the implications of leaving things as they are, such regrets cannot be a good enough reason for remaining silent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If so, then weren't the claims that the trawler had been sunk by a submarine just a decoy to divert the public attention from other issues?

roger said...

There are two sides to every story. And then there's the truth...